Friday 8 June 2007

Fly Out Day Today

Yahoo... leaving work this afternoon and heading home! Well, not straight away. I have my hairdresser appointment in Perth tomorrow and leaving on the red eye tomorrow night. I am looking forward to spending some quality time with the kids and hopefully flying up to see Jen and the kids and Roz and Brianna. Ben wants to do a few things to the house and i thought i would take the boys away for a special week with their Mum. They have never been on a plane before, so i think they will really enjoy themselves.

I will get the hair dresser to take a picture of my hair tomorrow and i will put it on the blog - if i can, it might have to wait until i get home.

I have had a mixed-up kind of swing this fortnight. Started bawling to a workmate the other day because i wanted to snatch it and go home, but after a day that feeling left me and i was back to my usual self. I was due to get my period that day, so bawling was more hormonal than emotional. I feel good now, but still looking forward to my break.

Better get into it and make a dent in my workload before i fly out. I really dont want to, but - cant let the team down. LOL.

I am going to leave you with some inspirational quotes that i found yesterday. I hope they inspire you to keep fighting the great fight!

"Learn from the mistakes of others--you can never live long enough to make them all yourself." (John Luther)

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on." (Robert Frost)

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." (Eleanor Roosevelt)

"When all is said and done, a lot more is said than done." (unknown)

"Treat a man as he is, and he will remain as he is. Treat a man as he could be, and he will become what he should be." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." (E. E. Cummings)

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." (Albert Eistein)

"Success is the sum of small efforts--repeated day in and day out." (Robert Collier)

"Excellence is in the details. Give attention to the details and excellence will come." (Perry Paxton)

"An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded." (Pope John Paul II)

Love and Living,

Jes

3 comments:

Hayley said...

"Treat a man as he is, and he will remain as he is. Treat a man as he could be, and he will become what he should be."


W O W.... applies to all of us really.... that one really struck a chord with me... Thanks for sharing them!

A lot of those really remind me to remember all the good things about being a Mum.

xx

Hope you have fun on your trip - and show us yer hair!@

(PS - just left a comment on Pin Board re: the toilet paper debate - i've found another reason for our argument!!!)

Jen said...

Firstly.... I'm so excited that you may be coming up for a visit - I can't tell you how cool that is!!

Second, LOVE the quotes. But I do love a good quote, i loved the ones that i used to put on my blog, but stopped doing it for some reason!?

Lastly - I am SO eager to see the before and after photos of your hair, so PLEASE don't forget to send me a mms. (I can't receive them on my phone, but i can log onto OptusZoo to see them)

The Candid Bandit said...

Bella, mum just told me you sent her and Jen a pic of your hair!

*sniff*..

Can I see too?