Monday 5 February 2007

Fly Out Day :)

I came to work this morning. I was going to have a sleep-in and catch the bus to the airport at 8:30am, but I had to put all my gear in a friends room, so we moved everything at about half past 4 this morning. I also have to burn some stuff to disk so i can take it and do some work at home - problem with that is I cant find the burning software on the computer. So I am on a mission this morning to find the biggest computer geek on site - shouldnt be too hard, I hope.

I cant wait to cuddle with my boys.
I cant wait to sleep in my own bed.
I cant wait to eat real food.
I cant wait to watch home and away.
I cant wait to have a cold shower.
I cant wait to eat Maccas.
I cant wait to sleep in past 4:30am.
I cant wait to not have gazzo every day.
I cant wait to sit out the back drinking coffee, smoking and catching up with Ben.
I cant wait to jump on Ben :)
I cant wait to walk around the house in my bra (if I want to)!
I cant wait to talk to Jen on the phone for longer than 5 minutes.
I cant wait to go home.

But, I will have to wait - another 24 hours I'm afraid! Did I tell you about the cold showers here? Well, picture this;
You've had a hard day, temperature has been over 40 most days and pretty humid. You are wearing jeans and on most days a work shirt. Wearing boots and thick socks everyday and being a smoker - you are out in the heat more than others. So, it is around 30 degrees at 5am in the morning - so no cool weather, even at night. So, what do you want to do after you have worked all day then gone to the gym for an hour - yes...you guessed it - have a cold shower! The only problem with that is there is no cold water. You shower only ever with the cold tap and the water is probably 45 degrees. I cant remember the last time i actually put the hot tap on. So my shower is get in - get out then stand naked in front of the air conditioner to cool off. LOL thats probably not a pretty site. So cold shower definately on my to-do list.

Ok, better go find a geek, get this stuff burnt to disk, eat my breakfast (container of scrammy eggs), tidy everything up then get a lift back to the village where i have to surrender my room key (arghhh). Hopefully when i return they will issue me a room closer to the gym. I will have to make friends with the ESS staff, as they organise all that :)

So...I am still here then.... LOLOLOLOLOL

BYE

No comments: